Native plants are ideal for a wide range of uses. When planted on the correct site they are very low maintenance, provide valuable ecosystem services including food and cover for wildlife, stabilize stream banks, and improve fish habitat. Native plants enhance biodiversity and ecological sustainability.
We propagate our stock from locally collected seed which has several advantages:
- trustworthy seed source
- not only native to BC but to specific regions and ecosystems
- increased survival and hardiness
- increased genetic variation, biodiversity and ultimately environmental sustainability
Other benefits of using native plants include:
- decreased maintenance, water usage, and pesticide use
- increased savings, wildlife attraction, and natural beauty
When you purchase native plants from Tipi Mountain you know that they actually belong where they will be planted.